Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Post 1



Currently with this project, I am enjoying my topic of the Cuyahoga River but I feel a little lost with my images. I found a lot of great images online. There are some wonderful historical websites that have photographs of downtown Cleveland along the Cuyahoga, as well as images from the famous fires. I am hoping to tie these into my project some how because I think that they are such an interesting piece of history that many Clevelanders have not seen before. One option that I have considered for my first project is to collage my images in a way that almost looks like a time line.

I have thought of doing some type of a historic wheel where viewers could spin the paper to reveal more images of the River and how it has progressed/regressed over time. Observers would view it in various segments but I believe it would still all flow together. Execution is still very confusing for me and I am not even sure if I am on the right track for project ideas. In general, I am hoping that I will be able to go home at some point to capture images of the river myself, in order to relate my own story and history with the river to the project.

No comments: